Just kidding! I didn't have that much to drink last night. But, while I felt fine and exhibited none of the other symptoms of a hangover this morning, I did have an abnormal sensitivity to sunlight on my way to work. It was quite bizarre, though I certainly didn't end up waking up in Vegas with no memory of the previous night. Even that might have been justified, however, considering yesterday's test. I definitely needed to unwind afterward. A bar tour would have been amusing, but food (especially half-off food) and friends make everything better, so my Mad Mex dinner was the best post-brain-frying activity I could have planned, followed by some just-as-fun TV-watching and Taboo-playing. I have to say, my summers here at Penn State have definitely trumped the other two summers of my college career.
The jury’s still out (pun only somewhat not intended) on whether the test was actually a Triumph or a Travesty. Based on what I’ve been hearing from people and reading online, though, there seems to be a general feeling of "I took the LSAT today. FML." And by "FML," of course I mean, "My life isn't actually effed - I'm just overdramatic and paranoid."
I’m not feeling super-confident about it, but I’m also not going to be rash and go ahead and cancel my score. I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it. (But not the Bering land bridge! …and my lame attempt to make LSAT jokes will end here, considering you wouldn’t get them unless you also spent five hours bubbling in little circles about dinosaurs and Willa Cather yesterday. Sidenote: Willa Cather’s The Professor’s House is probably the best book I ever read as a summer reading assignment, after To Kill a Mockingbird. Just thought I’d throw that out there in case anyone was looking for a book recommendation.) I am obviously hoping that my score is high enough that I won’t need to retake it in September, but I guess we’ll see.
At least I'll have about three weeks to live under the illusion(?) that I can forget about the LSAT for the rest of my life and maybe finally read a book for fun. I’m definitely open to recommendations! I think I might try something else from Anne Tyler, as I really enjoyed Digging to America, which I read about a year ago. Or maybe something trashier. I am most definitely not above chick lit.
Did I also mention that I don’t have an internet connection in my apartment? I imagine I could get a fair amount of reading done in the next two weeks. Although... I do have access to a television now, so that could seriously hamper my doing anything intelligent in my apartment for the next two weeks as well. Already, because apparently I get HBO, Starz, and Encore (but not CMT! Why not??), I've watched a bunch of movies I probably could have lived without. Oh well, every summer needs a little mindlessness, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment