After a day of running on all eight cylinders all day, 9 to 9, I came back to my room to call my mom, who was putting Flip to bed and couldn't talk. Ouch. Nothing like being brushed off by your own mother. But, in the meantime, while I waited for her to call me back, I checked my email, and what should I find waiting for me but my LSAT score? Great. What an ending to a freakishly long day.
Because I am the kind of person who can live without checking semester grades until the next semester starts, I thought a bit about ignoring the email and archiving it until I was ready to look at it like I did my BIOL 469 final exam score report fall semester. But really, I was so numb from the day that I figured it could only help if I'd done well, and if I hadn't, well... it probably wouldn't hit me until much later anyway. So, I ended up calling David, who suggested his method of checking the score through the LSAC website, so that I could use a paper to cover the screen and see only the percentile first, kind of like a warning shot to prepare me for the actual score. Except I wasn't expecting the status page to show the score, and so I didn't even have the paper ready to cover the screen when I saw it. Holy $h!t indeed. Serious double take. 172. Huge sigh of relief.
I can't even say how relieved - and happy - I am right now. This means I no longer need to worry about retaking the exam in September, and I can spend the rest of summer somewhat relaxed in terms of law school stuff, except I do need to get a lot of work done on my personal statements. But, man, this was a great way to end the day.
I don't mind the work, actually, though, because it makes me feel really productive and knowledgeable and good about being involved in such a tremendous, difference-making organization. It's so hard to be down about the workload or any part of this experience, because I know that ultimately, everything we do is for the students. (FTS?) Yeah, I'm definitely drinking the Teach For America Kool-Aid, as one of my fellow OCs calls it. I'm so glad I'm here.
This is the best kind of busy I could possibly be.
No comments:
Post a Comment