3.01.2011

Cars

You got a fast car / I want a ticket to anywhere ~Tracy Chapman - Fast Car

I am the proud new owner of a "new" car, which is slightly less snazzy than my previous car, but several years younger. Third dealer was the charm, after a couple of days of car-searching online and in real life. I only hope this Accord lasts at least as long as my old one did. I bought it yesterday, picked it up today (after two hours of waiting for reasons that I will not rehash here, but suffice it to say, I was displeased - and utterly grateful that Rita was not mad at me for dragging her with me because I needed a ride to the dealership after turning in my rental).

It was fun driving my rental, a shiny new Chevy Impala, complete with heated seats, XM radio (it only lasted a day or so, as the trial ran out), and powerful auto headlights. I'd gotten so used to not having to worry about turning on headlights that when I test drove the Honda I actually bought, the salesman had to remind me to turn on my lights as I was pulling out the dealership. Oops.

I profess to hate driving, but there is a certain freedom I quite enjoy. Independent from other drivers, I am queen of my car, queen of the radio, queen of the road. Watch out, people, this queen has her own castle again.

    No comments: