It's fall break! No school yesterday, but I went anyway to do some work, organize my room, and play with my Smart Board. Ran some errands, came home and rearranged my section of our office room, started cleaning my mess in our office, did laundry, and went out to Boscos with Jill and our temporary roomie, a transplanted corps member, to celebrate her first week here - and first week of teaching! As far as a permanent roomie goes, we finally did find someone, whom we already adore (and who came with gorgeous furniture and art!). Our home really looks like a home now! Visitors are, as always, more than welcome!
With the exception of Monday, it was a good week. Monday was horrible, perhaps the worst management day I've had, but things only got better from there. Thursday night, we tried to get a group together to do trivia for the first time in weeks, but most of our usual bunch was out of town or busy. And then we were also about an hour late, but we still got some questions right for a moral victory. Also had some great catch-up time with Maria and enjoyed Young Avenue Deli's delicious chicken tenders. I can't say enough how much I love this neighborhood, this town, and the people here.
I also had a nice conversation with my grandma for the first time in a while last night, which made me want to go to China even more next summer. Ah, summer, how far away you seem right now...
No comments:
Post a Comment