1.22.2010

Nope

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and my talents and I lay them both at his feet. ~Mahatma Gandhi

Huh. So this is what rejection feels like.

I'm no stranger to it, having been on the receiving end of plenty of "We regret to inform you.../Our applicant pool was exceptionally strong this year.../We wish you best of luck in your future endeavors..." letters and e-mails over the past few years, but I hadn't felt that sting so far this [academic] year. Until today, that is. Took the wind out of my sails for a brief moment. Not that I didn't see it coming: there's a reason they call them "reach schools," right?

I've still got no complaints with how things have been going. How could I? Last semester was the best semester of my life in a lot of ways, and now, being on co-op is like a deep cleanse after being mired in the grit and grime of college classes. I get to see my family this weekend - for the next few weekends, actually - and I'm looking forward to catching up with more old friends very soon. Life is good.

It's your loss, Harvard. You just don't know it yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

in 10 or so years some journalist interviewing you for your accomplishments and will be like 'wow how are those dopes who work in the Harvard admissions center and what were they smoking the day they saw your application?!"


-jennie

A.Q. said...

jennie, you made my day with that comment. <3