9.09.2008

Fall


There's no other love like the love for a brother. There's no other love like the love from a brother. ~Astrid Alauda

Remember when first days of school were joyous events? When, armed with school supplies and a shiny new backpack, we climbed on to a school bus and waved goodbye to our parents, eager to catch up with old friends?

Okay, to be honest, I'm not sure I ever felt that first days were joyous events, because I always got really anxious the night before.
What if I get lost? What if none of my friends have the same lunch period? What if I miss the bus? (Oh, it's happened before, sad to say.) I can picture your eyes rolling. "Yes, and what if the bus crashes into the Whomping Willow?" I have my unreasonable moments, I know.

Anyway, Flip started kindergarten yesterday, and I haven't gotten to talk to him yet, but I hope he had a great day, and I hope he wasn't anxious, and I hope today went well too. And really, I just hope for every good thing for my brother. Because he is awesome and adorable and every other positive adjective you can think of.

No comments: